Each year, Chicago Public Schools (CPS) rates all charter schools on several key metrics of financial health. Our region’s most recent available scorecard is linked here:
Our fiscal year starts on July 1 and ends on June 30 of the following year. Our most recently completed fiscal year was FY23, which ended on June 30, 2023. Our FY23 audited financial results are in the process of being finalized, so this page currently reflects FY22, which ended on June 30, 2022.
Our total budget in FY22 was approximately $52M.
Sources of Funding
The pie chart below breaks down the various sources of our revenue. We are 96% publicly funded via city/state/federal funding, while 4% of our funds are privately raised.
The pie chart below breaks down how we spent our funds in FY22.
- Direct Student Costs include curriculum, classroom supplies, educational materials, uniforms, enrichment opportunities, special events, student incentives, and meal service, among others.
- Personnel Costs are salaries, benefits, payroll taxes, etc. – costs associated with teachers, administrators, and other staff members who run and support our schools.
- Occupancy Costs include rent and maintenance costs for our school buildings.
- Office Administration Costs include payroll services, accounting and auditing services, printers and copiers, telecommunications, IT support, and other expenses needed to run school offices in support of teachers & students.
- Other Costs are primarily fees, such as the 3% annual fee we pay to CPS for support services.
Our Form 990 and annual audit report are available upon request. Please email email@example.com to make a request.