Harriett Ball Excellence in Teaching
We know that we couldn’t drive the Whole Child Initiative without excellent teachers. The Harriett Ball Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes outstanding teachers from across the 200+ schools in the national KIPP network. Only 11 teachers received the Harriett Ball Award in 2019, and two of them were Monika Patel from KIPP Academy Chicago and Briana Byrd from KIPP One Academy! The winning teachers, nominated by their school leaders, were recognized for their leadership in and dedication to improving outcomes for students in educationally underserved communities. Congratulations Ms. Patel and Ms. Byrd!
Other articles in this issue:
- Whole Child + Whole People
- Subtracting the anxiety and adding some joy to testing!
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), Mindfulness, and Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Amplifying Inquiry and Evidence through Science
- Passion Projects
- Children’s Museum of Art and Social Justice
- Social Justice Fair
- 10 years of Arts Programming at KIPP Ascend Primary
- Featured in Chicago Magazine
- Blooming Gardens
- In Other Exciting News