Four years ago, the Common Ground Foundation, led by Academy Award winning artist, actor, and author, Common, partnered with the Gardeneers to bring a garden project to KIPP Bloom College Prep (KBCP). Since the founding of the gardens, the Gardeneers, a non-profit that cultivates customized school garden programs, has been visiting KBCP once a week to teach KIPPsters how to tend to the garden. They also lead demonstrations on healthy eating using vegetables from the garden.
Other articles in this issue:
- Whole Child + Whole People
- Subtracting the anxiety and adding some joy to testing!
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), Mindfulness, and Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Amplifying Inquiry and Evidence through Science
- Passion Projects
- Children’s Museum of Art and Social Justice
- Social Justice Fair
- 10 years of Arts Programming at KIPP Ascend Primary
- Featured in Chicago Magazine
- Harriett Ball Excellence in Teaching
- In Other Exciting News